A blog about happiness and healthy living...

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Gingerbread Pancakes


Hello all. I hope everyone had a good weekend. This is a new recipe I tried on Saturday morning for gingerbread pancakes that I figured I would share because it was so so delicious.

This recipe has no butter or oil in it and it still manages to taste nice and rich thanks to the molasses and Greek yogurt.

1 ½ cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

¼ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon ginger

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 egg

1 ¼ cups milk

¼ cup molasses

2 tablespoons Greek yogurt

These amounts will make you around 8 pancakes depending on how large you make them.

Combine all the dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl, and combine the wet ingredients into a large mixing bowl . Add dry ingredients little by little into the wet.

The batter smells absolutely HEAVENLY even before it is cooked.
 

Set your burner to medium heat to cook these. It took me a few tries to get the cooking quite right but just keep in mind that these are quite dense pancakes so they need to be cooked long enough to get the centers fully cooked. However, the heat needs to be gentle enough so as not to burn the outside.
 

I ate mine plain with some fresh strawberries on the side and it was delicious that way, but the gingerbread flavor in this is mild enough that syrup or peanut butter would be yummy on top. I also think for a treat mixing in some semi-sweet chocolate chips would be delish.

Once again, I hope everyone had a great weekend and is enjoying the New Year thus far!

-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment