A blog about happiness and healthy living...

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Birthday Cake Pancakes


I’m not even going to pretend that this is a healthy recipe by any means, but I made this birthday breakfast treat a few weeks ago when I was celebrating a special someone’s birthday. It is too easy to be true and adds a special touch to a birthday breakfast.
Mix up your favorite box cake mix. I chose chocolate devil’s food cake.
Heat up a pan or griddle on your stovetop. Make sure it is very VERY low. These burn really easily. I burned about 4 before finally getting my pan at a low enough heat.
Poor the batter onto the pan. Keep in mind that it is runnier than most pancake batters so it spreads out quickly.
There won’t be popping bubbles to help you know when to flip, but you will need to cook it about 2 minutes before flipping. The pancake will be pretty delicate so flip it gently and carefully.
Cook it for another 1-2 minutes and then it is ready to go.
Add a couple candles, and you have a yummy birthday cake pancake!

Try this out as a fun “something different” for a special occasion or birthday. I will definitely be doing this again because it was so quick and simple. And c'mon, who can argue with cake for breakfast??
-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment