A blog about happiness and healthy living...

Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Eve and A Roasted Pepper Bruschetta Recipe!

Hello everyone. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
I figured I’d give a quick wrap up of what I was up to for the holiday as well as an easy recipe that my boyfriend and I whipped together to be part of the Thanksgiving spread.

The night before Michael and I decided to go out and have a fun little "Thanksgiving Eve" date of sorts. I forgot to take photos of dinner, but we went to our favorite gourmet pizza place for, get this, clam pizza and bacon buffalo pizza. And yes, it was delicious.
Afterwards we drove over to downtown Concord, MA if anyone is familiar with the area. The Mainstreet Café has live music every night and makes really REALLY good Italian sodas in crazy flavors like pumpkin spice and chocolate so it is always a fun stop to make at night. I got a hazelnut Italian soda which I actually quite liked at first, but it got a tad bit too sweet for me over time.

Before we left we bought some ENORMOUS cupcakes to bring home with us. Because who doesn’t love cupcakes at midnight?

My red velvet one was delish J
So now on to Thanksgiving, Michael and I were responsible for bringing an appetizer. We found a jar of roasted peppers in the cupboard and decided that we’d make some bruschetta with them. It was incredibly yummy and simple simple simple to whip up.

We sliced a baguette into ¼ inch slices and then laid them out on a baking sheet.

Strain and slice up the entire jar of peppers. Yes, they look a little less than appetizing like this haha.

Put some peppers onto each slice of baguette then sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the peppers.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts at 350 in the oven.
These were surprisingly fantastic for such an easy rendition of bruschetta. We will be making them again I think.
(I didn’t get a chance to take a photo of the finished cooked appetizers because everyone already ate them up before I remember)
Once again, I hope everyone had a great holiday and ate to their heart’s desire.
-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment