A blog about happiness and healthy living...

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Keeping my Purse Organized


The biggest thing that gets in the way of my personal ability to have a stress-free, happy day is clutter. I don’t know why, but any sort of mass of “stuff” makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs.

Hmmm… I’m a woman… hmmm… what do I carry with me every single day every place I go that always seems to somehow turn into a mass of clutter… Hmmmmm

I HATE having a cluttered up purse. Who doesn’t really? But let’s face it, no matter what we do, our purses always turn into a bottomless abyss of gum wrappers, receipts, Chapstick, hair ties, headphones and who knows what else.

Here is how I organize my purse to at least slow the process of having it turn into a hot mess.

First things first, I love big bags. The problem is, the deeper they get the more and more difficult it gets to keep that sucker organized. I was psyched when I found the purse I have right now because it is nice and roomy, but the bottom is shallow enough that I can easily see everything inside when I open it up because nothing piles on top of each other.

I always always always carry around my lovely day planner. I am a mess without having a place to keep track of all my homework assignments, appointments, events, etc.

A main rule that I try and live by is keeping everything in some sort of smaller container within my bag because having loose things floating around in your purse is a sure fire way to end up with a disaster.

I keep all my chapstick, lip stick, bobby pins, hand cream, and that type of stuff in my little makeup bag. I also LIMIT myself to what can fit into the tiny pouch. Otherwise, I will INDEED get carried away.

I also have a little tiny pencil case that I fit all my writing utensils in. Emphasis on TINY. Like the makeup bag, I otherwise WILL get carried away.

Yes, my wallet is kinda massive. But I keep quite a bit of stuff in that sucker. I have a special spot for ALL gift cards and a special spot for ALL coupons on top of just a cash and card slot. I am much more likely to use a coupon or gift card if I know that I have all of mine on my person because it makes me think to look for them when I am at a store.
 
I keep my keys on my blue looped key chain. I like this one because 1.) It is long and bright blue so I can always find my keys in my purse. 2.) I can loop it onto my wrist if my hands are full.
My boyfriend is an artist and owns an artisan gift store which is where I picked up this particular key chain, but I have seen this type of thing all over the place.  
 
Annnnnnnnnnnnddddd my phone just goes right in the inside pocket in my purse.

Tah Dah!

That's how I avoid acquiring a crazy mess of a purse and hopefully this helps you out with getting some ideas.

What do you do to keep your purse organized?

-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment