A blog about happiness and healthy living...

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Homemade Face Masks?


I have been known to adore face masks…
It is so easy to just go to the store to pick one up without realizing that you have in your kitchen PLENTY of ingredients that can do the same thing.



Here is a list of homemade face mask ingredients and their skincare benefits:

Apple Cider Vinegar- decrease redness and helps heal blemished

Avocado- Anti aging

Banana- moisturizing and smells nice

Baking Soda- Fights acne

Cloves- Antibacterial and antifungal

Cucumber- Natural toner

Egg Whites- Smoothing and tightening

Egg Yolk- Reduces oil and bacteria and keeps pores unclogged

Honey- Soothing, moisturizing, and antibacterial

Lemon juice- Rich in acids that help exfoliate skin

Nutmeg- treating acne scars and blemishes, anti-inflammatory properties

Olive Oil- Very moisturizing

Yogurt- Moisturizes and soothes

 

The one I mixed up for my dry acne prone skin was with honey, lemon juice, and nutmeg. (it smelled and tasted pretty good) I was admittedly hesitant about slapping this stuff on my face, but let me just say that honey is by far the most soothing thing I have ever put on my skin, and my mask left my skin feeling so smooth and surprisingly CLEAN. (I was scared it would clog my pores…)
 

 
 
So, this gets a big giant thumbs up from Brooke!

Mix up your own set of ingredients for your skin and see how it works for you J
 
-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment