A blog about happiness and healthy living...

Friday, October 19, 2012

How do I snack healthier?

I’d love to give myself all the credit in the world and say that in the face of a candy bar I will always have the will power to choose a carrot stick instead. But it is just not so.

I have found with snacking it is all about best equipping yourself to make the healthy choice most of the time. The most effective way I have found to keep myself snacking as healthy as possible is to keep plenty of healthy and delicious snacks in the house that don’t require too much prep time to munch on.

Here are some of my favorites.
 

Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus



This stuff is so yummy. I love it on carrots, pita bread, or tortilla chips. I absolutely cannot get enough of it. I think there are three tubs of it in my refrigerator right now haha.

 

Otria Greek Yogurt Dip



This stuff tastes just as good, if not better, than dip made with sour cream. My favorite is the caramelized onion for dipping veggies into.

 

Skim Mozarella String Cheese



There are plenty of brands that make this. Yeah, there’s some fat in it, but you also get a good dose of calcium and it tastes deeeelicious.



Fresh Fruit
 

I try to make sure I always have some fresh fruit to eat. It has lots of vitamins, the healthier kind of sugar, and tastes better than a candy bar or potato chips. To make things easier, I sometimes even buy the kind that is pre cut up for me. My seasonal favorite has got to be apples.

 

Apples With Peanut Butter
 

Ok ok, this one kind of ties into the previous one, but adding a little peanut butter to apples is an old favorite of mine. Sprinkling some raisins on top of that is a trick I learned on Zoom a zillion years ago, but it is just too yummy not to mention.

 

Chobani Greek Yogurt
 
How could I not mention this stuff? It is so thick and creamy and tastes so good. My favorite flavors are peach, vanilla, and pineapple.

 

What are your tricks for snacking healthier?

What are your favorite snacks?

-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment